Unix and Linux Systems

2008/04/17


Josh


Hello - I'm having a problem with a server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and ftp.
ftp connections used to work fine, but now I can connect to the server via ftp, I can issue type, pwd, and cd commands successfully and receive the response-- but when I issue ls, dir, get, or put commands, I get the message: "425 Can't build data connection: Invalid argument." No file configuration changes were made. The server was moved and is behind a new firewall, but as I said, I can connect and issue some commands successfully. Port 21 is open on the firewall so I can connect.


From the server, I can ftp to other sites and all commands work.


I do suspect the firewall, but I don't know why some commands work and others dont.






















- Coming Soon - Skills Tests - Surveys - Kerio Mail Server - Fortinet Routers - Consulting - Advertise Here