Unix and Linux Systems

2008/03/29



A chirpily enthusiastic blurb on the morning news
convinced me to go take a look at Hulu, which
in turn cheerfully promises:



Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.




Hulu offers U.S. consumers a vast selection of premium video content, on demand, free and ad-supported: full episodes of TV shows, both current and classic, full-length movies, thousands of clips, and much more.

Except they don't. They offer a few episodes of popular shows, a few
clips from new movies, and not much else. I won't be going back..


If they really had everything - and I mean EVERYTHING, because
disk space is dirt cheap - this would be something worth paying for. Of
course I want the same thing from my FIOS "on demand" service - I don't
want to choose from what they want to offer this month - I want to watch
what I want to watch when I want to watch it, on TV or at my computer.


Speaking of that, when are the content providers like Comcast and
Verizon going to attach the Internet to my TV and give me a bluetooth
keyboard and mouse to control it all with? I WANT the Internet in
a PIP window so that I can look up things while watching TV and
ideally I'd like to send my own computer's screen to it. Tell me
how hard this would be for Verizon or Comcast: everything goes through the same router already: all it needs is an open VNC connection to my machine and the
aforementioned disk farm.. there's absolutely NOTHING technically difficult
here!


Do that, and I'll happily pay for it, either on an "as viewed" basis or
by some "content bundle" pricing. But if they want me to willingly part
with more money, they need to give me EVERYTHING..


Well, maybe someday..






















- Coming Soon - Skills Tests - Surveys - Kerio Mail Server - Fortinet Routers - Consulting - Advertise Here