Unix and Linux Systems

2008/04/01


Brian Mutero

I have a SCO UnixWare 7.1.1 server which is running Oracle 9i. It is using Raid 5 and has one UNIX Partition. During installation, I accepted the standard Filesytem proposal, and enabled the /home and /home2 filesystems where my database application, and the actual database currently reside. The root filesystem is now corrupt, and the system will not boot. I believe that the /home and /home2 filesystems are still intact. Is there anyway that I can install a fresh copy of Unixware whilst preserving the /home and /home2 filesystems? This process is easy when done using SCO OpenServer 5.0.x's "Interactive fdisk/divvy" option.



Point to note, I don't have any emergency boot disks, and my raid controller does not come standard on Unixware. I have to load the HBA disk during installation.























- Coming Soon - Skills Tests - Surveys - Kerio Mail Server - Fortinet Routers - Consulting - Advertise Here