Unix and Linux Systems

2008/05/01



I had gotten up early this morning and wandered out to my
computer still wearing pajamas. Because it was a little cool,
I had thrown on a plaid jacket too. Appararently the combination
of pajamas and this jacket was a little startling, because
when my wife got up an hour or so later, she burst out laughing
upon spotting me. A few moments later she left and then came
back carrying a pile of clothes which she requested that I
put on "as soon as possible". She then walked off, still chuckling.


OK, I have no color sense. I know that - well, really I don't
know it, but I know that I have to rely on other people to tell
me that color X pants are hideously garish when combined with color
Y shirts. Oh, I know the no brown socks with black shoees and only
whites with sneakers basics, but beyond that, I'm clueless.


As it happened, I was reading this Should You Tell People Their Blog Design is Ugly? post when my wife first came in. I guess some people get
hurt feelings when someone points out their fashion gaffes or notes
a defect in their blog design. I don't: I know I have no talent
for colors, typography, layout. I just try to copy what seems to
work for other people and hope for the best.


So: if you are someone with aesthetic sensibilities, please do
feel free to tell me what you don't like. I might not change it,
perhaps because of technical difficulty or sheer laziness, or
perhaps because it's something like my logo that I have sentimental
attachment too, but I will listen and I won't be offended. And
if it a technical lack ("Dude, you abso-freaking-lutely need to
have..", I will pay even more attention.






















- Coming Soon - Skills Tests - Surveys - Kerio Mail Server - Fortinet Routers - Consulting - Advertise Here